Welcome to Catcote Futures!
As Head Teacher I am proud and privileged to write these few words of welcome and an introduction to Catcote Futures. We have a vibrant establishment that expects every student to achieve positive results. Our curriculum and philosophies provide the possibility for academic and social development that enhance the life opportunities for our young people as they move into the adult world.
At Catcote Futures we work together to:
- Provide stimulating and exciting learning experiences for all;
- Promote lifelong learning and enhance life and work skills;
- Recognise and value the achievement of each individual;
- Develop responsibility, tolerance and consideration for others;
- Strengthen the bond between college, home and the wider community;
- Build partnerships with business and commerce.
The Learning and Skills Centre
Our exciting Learning and Skills Centre is a unique college offering a stimulating, personalised and fulfilling curriculum which is dynamic in its development. We firmly believe that our students deserve as many opportunities and experiences as we can offer to support them on their journey into adulthood. We are committed to providing realistic opportunities through our exceptional vocational skills areas and through an extensive range of local employers in a friendly and rewarding atmosphere.
Our vision is to ensure that Catcote Futures continues to be a centre of excellence for Post 19 students and lifelong learners, where students can fulfil their potential, grow in confidence and, above all, be happy.
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with autism spectrum condition
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with communication difficulties
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with severe autism spectrum disorder
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with multi-sensory impairment
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with mental health needs
- Expertise in meeting the needs of students with epilepsy and/or associated neurological conditions
Our innovative curriculum provides individual study programmes focussing on the needs, interests and aspirations of all our learners based on the 4 pathways leading to adulthood. This is then differentiated into a further 4 curriculum pathways matched to the needs and abilities of the learner to ensure the best and most appropriate teaching and learning approach to support accessibility, engagement and progression.
- Sensory Explorers: A specialist sensory and communication-based Pathway designed to maximise experiences and opportunities for our students with profound and multiple learning difficulties.
- Aiming High: A pathway for our students identified as having a wide variety of complex needs. This group are taught using a range of specialist approaches in a base class and access other areas of the curriculum as appropriate.
- Reaching Out: A pathway designed to maximise opportunities for students with ASC. This group are taught using a range of specialist approaches in two base classes, accessing other areas of the curriculum as appropriate.
- Taking the Lead: Our programme for learners identified as having severe learning difficulties. Here, students choose options termly, based on their needs and aspirations.
- A personal development programme
- A programme to help students to look after themselves more independently
- Opportunities to experience real work situations
- Opportunities to take part in a range of business activities
- Opportunities to improve literacy, numeracy and/or communication skills
- Opportunities for students to participate in community activities and to learn about citizenship
- Opportunities to experiment with sound, touch, smell and sight in order to aid learning
- Opportunities to take part in a wide range of social, leisure and sporting activities
Our newly refurbished Learning and Skills Centre is specially designed to provide genuine and realistic learning experiences in Lifeskills, and vocational options including Horticulture, Hospitality and Catering, Reprographics, Hair & Beauty, Art, Pottery, Woodwork, Office Skills, Creative Media and Retail. We have embedded enterprise throughout our curriculum and also have a gym, Jacuzzi, sensory room and forest school. Our offsite shop ‘Catcote Metro’ and café ‘Vestry Cafe’ provide ‘real’ work employment experiences. We have highly skilled staff who have specialist skills in many different areas.
We Also Offer:
- Specialist staff to meet personal care requirements
- Extensive use of assistive and adaptive technologies
- In-house medical provision
- In-house occupational therapy
- A range of therapeutic services
- Guidance and counselling services
- Sessions to improve posture and mobility
We look forward to meeting you!