Welcome to Catcote Futures!
As Head of College I am proud and privileged to write these few words of welcome and an introduction to Catcote Futures. We pride ourselves on being a welcoming and vibrant specialist FE college supporting the needs and aspirations of the SEND community of Hartlepool and surrounding areas. Our ethos is to provide bespoke learning opportunities for every learner, with a focus on what they CAN do. Our dedicated and experienced team, vibrant curriculum and specialist facilities give our learners the skills and knowledge they need to achieve their goals and positive destinations.
Head of College
The Learning and Skills Centre
Our specialist FE college primarily works across two pioneering centres – our exciting Learning and Skills Centre in Warren Road and our brand new Employability Training Hub in the heart of Middleton Grange Shopping Centre. We offer stimulating, personalised and fulfilling curriculum which is dynamic in its development. We firmly believe that our students deserve as many opportunities and experiences as we can offer to support them in their successful progression in their adult life. We are committed to providing realistic opportunities through our exceptional vocational skills areas and through an extensive range of local employers in a friendly and rewarding atmosphere.
Our vision is “To be an innovative specialist FE centre of excellence providing outstanding, personalised education for all learners.”
We are committed to providing an environment where learners are offered every opportunity to maximise their potential, grow in confidence and above all, be happy and safe.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide a wide range of personalised learning experiences which are exciting, challenging and accessible to all
- Prepare students for a meaningful future by promoting independence, resilience and lifelong learning
- Promote tolerance and respect for individual differences, abilities, needs and beliefs
- Create a safe, caring environment in which everyone is healthy, happy and ready to learn
- Foster positive working relationships with parents, multi agency professionals and the local community
- Maintain a culture of vigilance and a commitment to keeping all students, staff and visitors safe
We have high aspirations for all and work together to achieve success
Safe and Happy
We have a culture of vigilance and practice being safe at all times
We focus on what we can do and are proud of our achievements and each other
Everyone matter s and we celebrate everyone uniqueness
We have strong positive relationships and embed emotional education into daily life
We strive to make a difference and enable everyone to live their best adult life